Your privacy is very important to us. Accordingly, we have developed this Policy in order for you to understand how we collect, use, communicate and disclose and make use of personal information. We will collect and use any or part of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law. We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes.
Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date. We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We will not share, sell, rent, or otherwise disclose your personal information to anyone, for any reason other than as required by law through subpoena or court order, or to assist in criminal justice proceedings
Why We Collect Data ….
GeVolution is a American based registered company, however we feel that we still need to comply to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which comes into force on 25/May/2018, We care about your privacy and aim to minimize the amount of information we keep about you. However, we can’t provide services that require information without storing some information.
What Kind Of Data We Collect ….
- Registered member :- As a registered member to our website, GeVolution collects such data as your IP address, registered email address and avatar name if something happens to your account we will not be able to offer support or investigate if anything should happen. In addition, we can not comply with laws that regulate the storage of some types of information. Account passwords are encrypted on our system we can not view or change your original password
- Transactions :- We collect information about all the transactions you are involved in both inworld using GV$ and online via PayPal or Stripe, What the payment is for (a region or a currency exchange) and the identity of the PayPal account owners that are involved in a transaction. If you use a debit or credit card to pay for your region or currency purchase in PayPal or Stripe we do not collect nor can see this information, that is handled by they retrospective websites.
- Network :- When you visit a GeVolution World (members region) as a registered GeVo member or HyperGrid visitor your IP address, viewer information and your data grid (if you are a HyperGrid visitor) you are connecting from is transmitted to our core database system, we keep this information for 14 days from your visit to that members or GeVolution region incase we receive a complaint and may need to take action against that account, after this time your information is forgotten and automatically removed for our system.
Registered Members ….
Any “registered” member wishing to have personal details removed from our website billing/support or orders (does not include active regions) will need to request this via our website, under our dedicated “GDPR Support Department” we will then notify our website that the account details are to be wiped (this includes all personal details, name, address, ip address and registered email), this will then send you a “Confirmation” email that you need to accept in order to have your details removed from our system.
Email Opt-in ….
All non critical emails will now need Opt-in permission to be sent to you, this includes offline messages, all emails that are non critical have been disabled to be inline with the GDPR, to activate these you will need to login to your retrospective dashboard and activate them under “preferences”.
- Non critical emails – https://www.gevolutionworld.com/profile.php
- Offline messages – http://dashboard.gevolutionworld.com
- Billing reminders – https://invoice.zoho.com/portal/gevolution
We also strongly recommend that all members keep their active email addresses up to date, we can no longer change a registered email address this is to keep your information secure.
Ordering & Invoices ….
Those that purchase from our online store still have to give your personal details, your personal details will be kept for a maximum of 6 months after the last order was placed (in line with PayPal and Stripe GDPR) in case of chargeback or fraudulent activity. Active region monthly payments are exempt where your details will be kept for 6 months after you cancel your region.
Invoices are still sent out via email only as a reminder that you have a due amount, this is NOT used as advertising or send you any unsolicited emails by having a active region you agree to receive a invoice reminder from our Zoho system, if you wish to deactivate this you will need to access your Zoho billing portal (system we use for invoices if you do not have Zoho billing access please request this and we will resend the activation link) and untick receive reminders in your settings.
Your Right to be Forgotten ….
We keep some information about your account even after you delete it. We need this information for continued security to safeguard our grid, members and those that visit our grid against those that have broken our Terms of Service, then quickly erase all the traces that can help us identify them and keep the trouble makers away. This retained information will be removed from our system 90 days after you delete your account. After that, some information may still exist in our backup system for a period of 180 Days.
- IP Restricted Access :- Anyone that has had their IP restricted from our grid will not be able to request their information be forgotten, this is to safeguard the grid against any possible future attack or trouble that person may cause.
A cookie is small data file that is downloaded from a website on to your computer or mobile phone. It helps that website remember how you use the site but it doesn’t contain any personal information and cannot be used to identify who you are. The purpose of cookies is to make it easier and quicker for you to use the site.
- Example :- if you have to sign in to use a service, a cookie will remember that you have already signed in so that you don’t have to enter your username and password on every single page you visit. Cookies can also measure how many people are visiting a website – and how they’re using it. This information can then help improve the overall experience for users.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.